Today’s podcast visitor is Jules Pieri. She is the founder and CEO of The Grommet and the author of the book How We Make Things Now: Turn Concepts Into Products That Build Effective Services
Through The Grommet, Pieri has helped makers to release their companies. Along the way, she’s introduced more than 3,000 consumer items given that its creation in 2008, consisting of some home names like Swell water bottles, FitBit, and SodaStream.
Pieri now speaks and composes frequently about customer patterns and technologies, style, and entrepreneurship. She’s spoken at HBS, MIT, SXSW, and the Conference on World Affairs. She’s been included in many media outlets including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Fortune.
On this episode, we talk about what makers go through to launch their concepts, and how somebody with a dream can turn their concept into a service.
Concerns I ask Jules Pieri:
- What led you to begin The Grommet?
- How is a maker different from a service person or entrepreneur?
- What are some of the greatest errors makers fall into when they’re beginning?
What you’ll discover if you offer a listen:
- Why you must always start with the problem you solve.
- Why to call your business after your vision, not your very first product.
- How makers can circumvent the traditional circulation channels.
Secret takeaways from the episode and more about Jules Pieri:
- Discover More about Jules Pieri
- Find Out More about The Grommet
- Discover More about How We Make Things Now: Turn Ideas Into Products That Build Successful Services
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
Like this program? Click over and provide us an evaluation on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by SEMrush.
SEMrush is our go-to SEO tool for everything from tracking position and ranking to doing audits to getting originalities for producing natural traffic. They have all the essential tools you require for paid traffic, social media, PR, and SEO. Check it out at SEMrush.com/ partner/ducttapemarketing